Full-time (40 hours/week)
PURPOSE OF THE POSTION
The Facilities Caretaker has the responsibility for the appearance, maintenance, and general overall cleanliness of The Gathering sites. Ideally we are seeking someone who enjoys cleaning and will see it as their ministry to care for the spaces that invite people to a deeper relationship with Christ.
Direct Supervisor: Director of Facilities
Senior Leader: Executive Director of Operations
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated to show initiative. Must have regular timely attendance during the stated and reported hours
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred. References also desirable.
- Good organizational and planning skills, and an ability to delegate with staff and volunteers as needed
- Be familiar with custodial equipment (i.e.- ladders, floor buffers, carpet cleaners, vacuums, etc.)
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule a cleaning routine resulting with maximum efficiency
- Conduct and present oneself as a representative of the church staff team
- Be flexible in availability to accommodate the schedule of church activities
RESPONSIBLILIES AND DUTIES
- This position will be primarily responsible for cleaning five properties.
- Availability for full Sunday cleanings and scheduled cleanings throughout the week
- Assist with setup and tear down of events
- Some exterior cleaning and maintenance as needed
- Lead periodic team projects
- Oversight of the general cleanliness and appearance of facility to ensure that it is always in good order and ready for service
- All other duties as assigned to support ministry needs
WHO ARE WE AT THE GATHERING
Why we exist (Vision): The Gathering exists to create Christian community that is compelling for new generations of people in St. Louis.
What we do (Mission): Our mission is to invite new people to become deeply committed followers of Christ.
How we do it (Practices): We deepen our faith by following Christ through five shared practices:
Learning in CoreGroups Prayer
What we value in our staff:
- Equipping others