Full Time, Exempt
Reports to Worship and Creative Director
Supervises: AVL Producers and Volunteers
The Gathering is a fast-growing multi-site church located in the St. Louis metropolitan area. We are seeking a AVL Director. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the technical/production ministry of a church and understand the unique role that production plays in creating meaningful weekend worship experiences. Responsibilities for this position include broad oversight and execution of production for weekend services, including recruiting/training/ongoing development of volunteers. The AVL Director should be a high capacity leader who has the ability to multitask, manage both people and projects, and plan for the future. We’re seeking candidates who value creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
a) Oversee all AVL Production for all ministries and campuses, including weekly services and special events.
b) Maintain AVL Equipment.
c) Manage weekend video content.
d) Recruit, train (initial and ongoing), and manage schedule of AVL volunteers.
e) Cast the mission and the vision of The Gathering to the volunteer team.
g) Ensure the overall weekend worship production is impactful, effective, and on target regarding content, style, and structure.
h) Oversee other assigned projects, including responsibilities for AVL installation projects, and other ministry-related AVL support requests.
Team Development and Management
a) Oversee the spiritual and professional development for the AVL team.
b) Steward and support AVL volunteers as they execute their roles.
c) Develop a culture of excellence around their teams.
d) Promote recruitment as a major part of AVL ministries.
Preferred Qualifications and expectations:
- Authentic dedication to spiritual maturity in Christ
- Commitment to the vision of The Gathering
- Collaborative team player who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- In depth knowledge of related software/equipment that allows for trouble shooting in real time
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints
- Dependable, responsible and self-motivated
- Expertise with FOH audio and systems is essential
- Digital Audio Networks and plugins for live environments
- Ableton or Logic Pro
- ProPresenter Media servers and graphics display systems
- Adobe graphics and Video Suites
- Proficiency and comfort with Digital Video and Routing Systems
- Planning Center Online
- Proficient computer skills in Mac software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Vista and DMX, and comfortable with intels
To apply, please send resume and references to email@example.com.