Director of Facilities
Director of Facilities // The Gathering
Full Time, Exempt
Reports to Executive Director of Operations
Supervises: Facility Management Team, contractors, vendors
The Director of Facilities position is an opportunity to participate in the ministry of The Gathering by coordinating overall facility and property operations. This person will directly support all aspects of ministry by keeping our spaces clean, safe, and inviting so that church attenders experience community and a deeper relationship with Christ. The Director of Facilities should be a team-builder with the ability to engage groups of volunteers to execute a plan. Duties include the operation and maintenance of equipment systems, interior and exterior maintenance and oversight of service contracts associated with the operation and maintenance of church properties.
WHO WE ARE
Why we exist (Vision):
The Gathering exists to create Christian community that is compelling for new generations of people in St. Louis.
What we do (Mission):
Our primary task is to invite new people to become deeply committed followers of Christ.
How we do it (Practices):
We deepen our faith by following Christ through five shared practices:
● Learning in CoreGroups
What we value in our staff:
● Equipping others
Manage overall facility needs at The Gathering to ensure we have clean, safe, and compelling spaces to introduce new people to a relationship with Christ.
● Serve as the leader of The Gathering Facility Management Team by recruiting and raising up volunteer leaders from within the congregation
● Coordinate contracts for facility maintenance including window washing, carpet cleaning, custodial, waste management, grounds keeping and snow removal
● Create and oversee the annual budget for facilities-related improvements, construction, maintenance, and repair expenses
● Oversee the activities associated with new construction projects (in conjunction with church leadership) including the development and administration of contracts and serving as the primary contact with contractors
Support ministry staff and be the caretaker of churches operated by The Gathering.
● Conduct regular sweeps of all buildings to ensure contracts are being executed and to make repairs as needed
● Coordinate set-up and tear-down of ministry events
● Serve as point of contact for ADT and other providers to ensure spaces are secured
● Coordinate with groups utilizing church spaces so that building usage rules are followed
● Maintain tools and supply inventory as well as church truck and trailers
HOURS AND EXPECTATIONS:
● This is a full-time exempt position with flexibility needed to work some nights and weekends. The Gathering offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a retirement savings plan.
● Basic knowledge of building operation and maintenance required.
● Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with volunteers and external contacts with tact, courtesy, sensitivity, and good will.
● Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
● Must have an authentic commitment to The Gathering’s vision, mission and practices.
● Must be highly personable, engaging and relational.
● Must be a strategic thinker who can organize systems, processes, and teams.
To apply, please send resume and references to email@example.com.