Director of Facilities
Full Time, Exempt
Reports to Executive Director of Operations
Supervises: Facility Management Team
The Gathering is a fast-growing multi-site church located in the St. Louis metropolitan area. We are seeking a Director of Facilities to support all aspects of ministry by keeping our spaces clean, safe, and inviting so that church attenders experience community and a deeper relationship with Christ. The Director of Facilities should have strong knowledge of building systems and be a proactive problem solver. Duties include the oversight of building systems across multiple properties, all interior and exterior maintenance and management of personnel, contractors, and volunteers. Please see our general qualifications and expectations here.
Manage overall facility needs at The Gathering to ensure we have clean, safe, and compelling spaces to introduce new people to a relationship with Christ.
● Serve as the leader of Facility Management Team including paid custodians, third party vendors, and volunteers
● Coordinate contracts for facility maintenance at all buildings including window washing, carpet cleaning, custodial, waste management, grounds keeping and snow removal
● Create and oversee the annual budget for facilities-related improvements, construction, maintenance, and repair expenses
● Oversee the activities associated with new construction projects (in conjunction with church leadership) including the development and administration of contracts and serving as the primary contact with contractors
Support ministry staff and be the caretaker of churches operated by The Gathering.
● Conduct regular sweeps of all buildings
● Coordinate set-up and tear-down of ministry events
● Serve as point of contact for ADT and other providers to ensure spaces are secured
● Coordinate with groups utilizing church spaces so that building usage rules are followed
● Maintain tools and supply inventory as well as church truck and trailers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
● This is a full-time exempt position with flexibility needed to work some nights and weekends. The Gathering offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a retirement savings plan.
● Advanced knowledge of facility operations and maintenance required.
● Management experience in facilities or other position preferred.
● Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with volunteers and external contacts with tact, courtesy, sensitivity, and goodwill.
● Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
● Must have an authentic commitment to The Gathering’s vision, mission and practices.
● Must be highly personable, engaging and relational.
● Must be a strategic thinker who can organize systems, processes, and teams.
To apply, please send resume and references to email@example.com.