Part-time (20 hours/week)
The Gathering: Who we are
Please see our general qualifications and expectations here.
Purpose of the Position:
The Facilities Caretaker has the responsibility for the appearance, maintenance, and general overall cleanliness of The Gathering sites
Direct Supervisor: Director of Facilities Senior Leader: Executive Director of Operations
– Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated to show initiative. Must have regular timely attendance during the stated and reported hours
– Possess excellent communication skills and a strong team player with the staff.
– Ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities
– High School Diploma or Equivalency required
– Prior housekeeping experience preferred. References also desirable.
– Good organizational and planning skills, and an ability to delegate with staff and volunteers as needed
– Be familiar with custodial equipment (i.e.- ladders, floor buffers, carpet cleaners, vacuums, etc.)
– Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule a cleaning routine resulting with maximum efficiency
– Conduct and present oneself as a representative of the church staff team
– Be flexible in availability to accommodate the schedule of church activities
Responsibilities and Duties:
– This position will be primarily responsible for cleaning the McCausland and the Hub locations
– Availability to clean sites at least three to four days per week and work with Director of Facilities on a schedule that meets facility needs
– Physical Cleaning of common areas including (sweeping, mopping and general cleaning)
– Taking care of the disposal of trash and maintenance of trash receptacles
– Cleaning of the restrooms including the replacement of all paper goods and soaps
– Oversight of the general cleanliness and appearance of the facility to ensure that it is always in good order and ready for service
– All other duties as assigned to support ministry needs
– Periodic team projects
– Assist with facility set up and tear down
– Will maintain facility light bulb replacement for general facility lighting
– Defrost the freezers at the Hub and McCausland as needed
WHO ARE WE AT THE GATHERING
Why we exist (Vision):
The Gathering exists to create a Christian community that is compelling for new generations of people in St. Louis.
What we do (Mission):
Our primary task is to invite new people to become deeply committed followers of Christ.
How we do it (Practices):
We deepen our faith by following Christ through five shared practices: Worship, Learning in CoreGroups, Prayer, Giving, Service
What we value in our staff:
Positivity, Adaptability, Innovation, Proactivity, Invitation, Equipping others
To apply for this position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.