Reports to Lead Pastor
The Gathering is one church with three regional locations. Each location, or “site” has its own Site Pastor, ministry team, and congregation. The Site Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership of the site, which includes overseeing paid staff and lay leadership. The Site Pastor is responsible for carrying the strategic vision of The Gathering to a unique and diverse group of people and ultimately establishing the site as a growing and vibrant congregation. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and if availabe, a recent writing sample and a recording of a recent sermon or upfront teaching to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Site Pastor include:
- Oversee the execution of weekly worship with the goal of consistently improving the level of excellence. This includes occasional preaching at the site
- Prioritize connecting new people to the life of the church through a centralized connections process. Work with our Connections Pastor to make adjustments when required by specific site context
- Keep congregation focused on the work of outreach, relationship building with community and invitation
- Elevate CoreGroups, The Gathering’s small group ministry, as the most important tool for an individual’s spiritual growth. Actively work to identify potential CoreGroup leaders and get members of the congregation into CoreGroups
- Effectively develop personal relationships with new people leading them toward deeper commitment and service
- Ensure the recruitment and development of leaders and ministry teams including greeters, hospitality, kids’ ministry, connections, and service
- Provide pastoral care, such as weddings, funerals, hospital visits, and initial spiritual counseling
- Provide input and feedback on sermon series ideas and content
- Participate in experiences that are part of our Connections Pathway (i.e., Next, Explore)
- Connect with community leaders and organizations in the site’s neighborhood to build relationships and identify opportunities
- Direct supervision of staff responsible for leading ministry at the site
- Work under the leadership of the Lead Pastor to keep site aligned with The Gathering’s Mission and Vision
- Work with senior staff to develop appropriate ministry teams at the Site and execute those ministries in line with our Central programming and processes
- Work with senior level staff team to shape major ministry decisions at The Gathering
QUALIFICATIONS of the Site Pastor include:
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey
- Must possess an evangelical passion, deeply desiring to see people come to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ
- Must be committed to our vision of creating a Christian community that is compelling for new generations of people
- Must be growing in our five shared practices of worship, serving, learning, praying, and giving
- Is willing to receive constructive feedback and is constantly cultivating a teachable spirit
- Is comfortable collaborating with other staff and volunteers to provide effective ministry
- Is called to serve in a pastoral ministry role
- Strong verbal and social skills that enable him/her to be an effective and creative communicator
- Receptive to the needs of others and committed to building relationships
- Desire to carry out a shared vision
- Willingness to be held accountable to goals
- Willingness to live in the community where the site is located
- Experience serving and leading in a faith community or faith organization and experience in growing ministries
- Is capable of recruiting, equipping, developing and supporting leaders and other volunteers
- Is able to think strategically about goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry
Drive for Results, Action Oriented, Self Knowledge, Approachability, Team Building, Vision Management, Coachable Learner, Perseverance, Effective Communicator, Dealing with Ambiguity
SUCCESS as the Site Pastor is defined by:
- An increase in the number of new people visiting the site.
- An increase in the amount of connection cards received.
- Growth in discipleship as people move from casual attender to devoted follower of Christ.
- An increase in overall attendance (kids and adults) at the site.
The Site Pastor is directly responsible and accountable to the Lead Pastor who will provide general oversight and specific coaching to ensure that the Site Pastor is well aligned to The Gathering’s overall Mission, Vision, and Strategic Direction. The Site Pastor will closely collaborate with The Gathering’s pastoral team and the Executive Director of Ministries.