Webster Gathering Kids Site Director
Webster Gathering Kids Site Director
Full-Time, Non-Exempt (40 hours / week)
The Gathering: Who we are
Please see our general qualifications and expectations here.
Webster Gathering Kids Site Director: Who we are looking for
Professionally, a Gathering Kids Site Director is a . . .
- Talent scout: is able to successfully recruit and develop volunteers to lead and serve within Gathering Kids.
- Team-builder: is passionate about the development, training, and support of those who teach and lead our children.
- Relationship-builder: connects with individuals both young and old in an authentic and meaningful way.
- Effective communicator: able to clearly communicate (to kids, care-givers, and the congregation) our Vision, as well as the specific means by which we intend to accomplish our Mission.
- Strategist: is able to think strategically about goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry.
- Equipper: is able to relate to care-givers, and provide effective and practical ways to empower them to be the spiritual leader of their children.
Responsibilities: A Gathering Kids Site Director . . .
- Builds teams: accurately assesses the human resources required to provide excellent kids ministry, and recruits the necessary staff and lay leaders to fulfill those requirements.
- Develops leaders: identifies individuals with unique skills and capacity, and equips them to be effective leaders in ministry.
- Reviews: becomes familiar with curriculum and is aware of all needed resources for its effective execution each week.
- Schedules: determines staffing needs for our weekend worship experience and schedules adequate leaders and volunteers to prepare materials, organize supplies, arrange classrooms, and teach lessons.
- Implements: guides team toward the effective teaching of age level benchmarks.
- Prepares: Ensures all Gathering Kids areas are ready to receive children by overseeing volunteers assigned to clean, organize spaces, and prep materials.
- Collects data: tracks and reports weekly attendance in all age groups.
- Connects: in collaboration with other Gathering Kids Site Directors, creates events and opportunities for families to connect, both within and across Sites.
- Communicates: follows up in a timely manner on inquiries from both new and committed families, as well as interested leaders and volunteers; promptly answers email and phone messages. Reaches out to families regularly during the week to share events, resources, and words of encouragement.
- Ensures safety: complies with The Gathering’s Safe Sanctuary policy.
Success of a Gathering Kids Site Director defined by . . .
- Growth in breadth: an ever-increasing number of kids will be attending weekly worship and special events.
- Growth in depth: a growing number of kids will move from casual participation to deeply devoted followers of Christ.
- Volunteer development: a growing number of reliable, effective, and aligned volunteers are sustaining the ministry.
- Discipleship: kids will participate in our five shared practices of worship, learning, prayer, service, and giving.
- Effective Curriculum: execution of a curriculum and style of teaching that ensures kids are engaged and meeting learning benchmarks.
- Palpable excitement: shared enthusiasm among adults and a felt sense of excitement among kids to such an extent that kids are begging their parents to come to church.
Supervision of a Gathering Kids Site Director looks like . . .
A Gathering Kids Site Director directly reports to his or her Site Pastor. Site Pastors will provide supervisory oversight that includes, but may not be limited to:
- Confirming consistent presence during weekend worship, special events, and other times as needed.
- Keeping adequately informed about Site Leader’s goals, priorities, and duties.
- Ensuring Site Leader is developing an adequate team to support ministry at the Site.
- Sharing with Site Leader what is on the horizon in the life of the church.
- Addressing performance deficiencies and moral failures.
- Conducting Site Leader’s performance evaluations.
- Approving time off requests.
The McCausland Gathering Kids Site Director provides ministry leadership direction to Gathering Kids Team. Ministry leadership direction includes, but may not be limited to:
- Communicating goals and strategic priorities
- Setting age level benchmarks and implementing curriculum that is designed to achieve those benchmarks
- Providing training and ensuring compliance with our Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Providing tools for effective ministry
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the needs and unique challenges at each Site, and suggesting appropriate and effective solutions
- Consulting on the hiring of ministry support staff
- Visiting Site on a periodic basis and providing prompt and clear feedback regarding observations and experiences during visit
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.