work at the Gathering
As part of The Gathering Staff, we demonstrate a growing faith in Jesus Christ. We are mindful of being held to a higher standard of morality where we seek to Do No Harm, Do Good, and Stay in Love with God. If you are unfamiliar with The Gathering we invite you to explore our website to learn more. We specifically encourage you to explore our sermon archive where you can learn more about our teachings and our positions on various social issues. Please note that our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion extends to all, including LGBTQ+ persons, and all staff are expected to share in that commitment. Additionally, please review our mission, vision, and five practices as membership is a requirement for all staff members.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the firstname.lastname@example.org below and indicate which position you are applying for.
Church Planters Lab - Full Time
The Gathering is seeking to develop 2-3 Site Pastors over the course of the 2023-2024 appointment year. Selected individuals will be employed (FT) by The Gathering during the entirety of the Lab. Upon the completion of the Lab, participants will be in a position to be appointed as Site Pastors of The Gathering and/or another United Methodist Church in the Missouri Conference.
Visual Storyteller - Full Time
The Gathering is seeking a full-time Visual Storyteller that will tell The Gathering’s story through the production of on-brand videos and contextualized stories. This role provides end-to-end story production, including story identification, storyboarding, capturing raw video, conducting interviews, capturing b-roll, and editing content for brand awareness, social media, and marketing use.
Wellness Director - Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Wellness Director. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating group experiences that proactively address areas of hardship. This individual is a self-starter, passionate, a natural connector, and able to coordinate and collaborate with a number of experts in Wellness. They have the heart of a pastor and the drive of an entrepreneur.
Serve in the community
The Gathering was founded out of a deep desire to make a significant impact on our city. In order to truly live as disciples of Jesus, we know we must serve others. Through service you can develop relationships, provide space for others to meet and experience God's love, grow deeper in your own faith, and lift up people in St. Louis and around the world.
THE LITERACY PROJECT
Locally, The Gathering provides opportunities to serve the community through The Literacy Project, our ministry that pairs volunteer reading mentors with kindergarten and first grade students at schools in the St. Louis Public Schools and the Normandy Schools Collaborative.
THE MOZAMBIQUE INITIATIVE
Globally, The Gathering gives away 100% of our Christmas Eve offering every year to the Mozambique Safe Water Initiative - which has enabled more than 100 new wells to be built throughout the country. From time to time, Gathering members travel to Mozambique to work alongside and be in community with people in the villages where we've dug wells.
OTHER WAYS TO SERVE
Looking for other ways to serve in the community? Check out these great organizations:
- Bridge Bread is a non-profit social enterprise that provides supportive employment to people without safe and stable housing.
- Healing Action partners with survivors and the community to end commercial sexual exploitation. They do this through community awareness, client advocacy, and a comprehensive array of services.
- Inexcelsis strives to propel unhoused and displaced young people to achieve social reinstatement and become self-reliant.
- The International Institute of St. Louis (IISTL) is our community’s immigrant service and information hub.
- LifeWise StL helps individuals and families achieve economic well-being by providing high-impact, relationship-based programming and by addressing systemic barriers to their success.
- LOVEtheLOU enriches lives and environments in North St. Louis by creating where there is nothing, healing where there is brokenness, and joining where there is good.